Blogger Templates

Friday, December 2, 2011

SourceForge.net: Why an Open Source Forge Matters

SourceForge.net: Why an Open Source Forge Matters: "what I’m doing at SourceForge. The basic message is always some version of this SourceForge has lost its way over the past few years.

And to some extent I believe that message but I believe those days of wandering in the wilderness are over. We’ve got new management that is very committed to growing open source, and revitalizing the sourceforge.net brand. And we’ve got world class development and community teams who keep impressing me with new things every day.

But that’s not why I’m here. Let me be clear, I believe SourceForge.net matters, and I believe what we are doing here is important, otherwise I wouldn’t have spent the last 2+ years of my life trying to make it better.

SourceForge is home to hundreds of thousands of open source projects, millions of registered users, and hundreds of new projects every week. "

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment